Adlington Primary School welcomes applications from a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher for the role of full time class teacher. This is a temporary position but there is a possibility of being made permanent.
We are a happy and caring school where team work is a real strength and adults often comment on the loving atmosphere within school. We can provide access to high quality continuous professional development, a caring and supportive governing body and leadership team and enthusiastic, motivated pupils.
Candidates are asked to state their subject strengths within their application as we hope to utilise the strengths of the appointed teacher to maximise learning for our pupils. An interest in child psychology would be an advantage.
We wish to appoint a teacher who:
- relishes the opportunity to be part of our school and community
- has high expectations of learning, achievement and behaviour
- is creative and has the ability to inspire our children and staff
- excellent peer support and professional development
- a wonderful environment that enriches the curriculum
- supportive governors, leadership team, parents and staff
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
- A record of effective teaching (consistently good and better)
- A thorough knowledge of the national curriculum and assessments and the proven ability to deliver a broad, balanced, enriching and exciting curriculum
- Recent participation in a range of professional development opportunities
Closing date 2pm Thursday 4th February 2019
Interviews to be confirmed
Application & job specification available upon request.